LandTech Landscape has been the choice for quality and custom landscapes or garden designs in Frisco, Texas for many years. We have the expertise, the skill and experience, and the passion for beauty. Our business makes outdoor living spaces beautiful and enjoyable. Call us now for any water feature installation project you have in mind.
What are the Benefits of a Water Fountain?The history of water fountains dates as far back as 2000 BC. The earliest fountains were purely functional, such as for bathing or for drinking water. However, builders soon understood the decorative value of these features and began building fountains in various styles and configurations.
Today, fountains are not only seen in public places but also in the privacy of one’s home. More and more homeowners are adding fountains to their yards, realizing the many benefits they bring. Here are some of them:
- Outdoor Décor. Water fountains are works of art. When properly installed, they can boost the attractiveness of your landscape and bring about your unique sense of style.
- Relaxation. There’s something about the sound of flowing water that calms and soothes the mind. Adding a fountain can turn your garden into a sanctuary, where you can experience stress relief and relaxation at the end of a hard day.
- Add moisture to an environment. Texas can be pretty humid at times. By adding moisture to an environment, your outdoor living space will be more comfortable to stay in.
Where to Place a Water FountainWater fountains make a great focal point for a garden. However, not every area in your garden is a good spot for a fountain. Planning is an important part of Landtech Landscape’s design process. Our designers determine the spot that will not only allow you to enjoy watching the water but also minimize maintenance and avoid future problems. Some factors that we consider include the slope of the area, the amount of sun the area gets, and winter conditions.
How to Choose a Water Fountain DesignThe great thing about water fountains is that they are versatile. There’s a water fountain style for every taste, as well as landscape design. We create designs around those considerations. Here are some of the types that you can choose:
- Traditional or cascading fountains. They typically include an above-ground bowl that collects cascading water, then pushes it back again to the top feature.
- Wall fountains. These are great for small yards, as they don’t take up much space.
- Disappearing fountains. These water fountains do not have a basin. Instead the water disappears into the ground and then re-circulated back to the top of the feature by a mechanism.